Posted by Aimee , Jan 06, 2021
"I accidentally deleted some text messages related to business affairs. What's worse is that I haven't made a backup. Is it possible to recover the lost SMS from an Android phone? I am using Samsung Galaxy S20 FE."
Sometimes users will inevitably delete important text messages by mistake or lose them for no reason. This is a particularly troublesome thing because mobile phones and tablets do not have trash cans. It is not easy to restore the data that has not been backed up. In this article, we will show how to retrieve the disappeared SMS from an Android device. But these methods have limitations. You may still be unable to undo the deleted text messages.
Enabling airplane mode helps preserve lost data. Airplane mode will turn off Wi-Fi and cellular radio to prevent Android devices from downloading new content. Before undeleting Android SMS, you should not take photos, record and edit videos, or create any new data.
1. Press and hold the power button until the menu pops up.
2. Select the airplane mode in the menu.
Some Android versions turn on airplane mode like this:
1. Go to the "Network & Internet" item from Settings.
2. Turn on "Airplane mode".
If you are willing to try a professional SMS recovery tool, you can easily solve this tricky problem. RecoveryTool Android Data Recovery is one of the powerful text recovery programs. In addition to rescuing lost text messages, it can also restore contacts, pictures, videos, voices, and others.
1. Download this SMS recovery program from RecoveryTool, and then launch it.
2. Connect your Android device to the computer via a USB cable. Then select "Android Data Recovery" mode.
3. Select the "Messages" option in the next software interface, and then click the "Next" button.
4. The software will automatically root your Android device during this process.
5. After the scan is over, you will be able to preview the found SMS on the right side of the software interface. Select the text messages you want to retrieve, and then click the "Recover" button.
After undoing the deleted data, it is recommended to use the "Android Data Backup & Restore" function of the software to back up the data.