Posted by Aimee , Sep 06, 2020
"I downloaded Recuva from CCleaner. Then I installed it on my Windows 10 desktop. Before running Recuva, I had connected my Xiaomi phone to the computer. When I tried to use this data recovery tool to search for mp3 files on my phone, I found that the Android device does not appear in the location list as a drive. But it can be displayed in the "file explorer" on the desktop. Did I do something wrong? Can anyone help me?"
Recuva is a well-known Windows recovery tool that can retrieve lost files from disks, external hard drives, Windows, SD cards, etc. Therefore, Recuva can be objectively evaluated as an excellent notebook or desktop recovery software. But it cannot directly extract data for Android devices. You can try to use Recuva to rescue data from the SD card on your Android device.
Remove the SD card from the Android device and connect it to the computer to start using Recuva.
1. Double-click the Recuva icon on the computer desktop. Later, you can select the file type you want to find in the interface of the recovery program.
2. To ensure that the deleted files can be scanned quickly, you need to select the location of the deleted files. Here, you need to select microSD and click "Next".
3. Click "Enable Deep Scan" in the checkbox to perform a deep scan. This mode can increase the chance of recovering lost files.
If Recuva cannot retrieve the deleted data on Android for you, you will need a professional Android data recovery software. At this time, the powerful recovery function of RecoveryTool Android Data Recovery is what you need.
RecoveryTool Android Data Recovery is an excellent Android recovery tool that can be used to help people retrieve contacts, documents, WhatsApp messages, images, videos, or others from different Android brands.
1. Download this Android data recovery software from RecoveyTool and install it on your computer.
2. Run this software and select "Android Data Recovery". Then connect your Android device to the computer.
3. The program will guide you to enable USB debugging on the device.
4. According to the file type you lost, select the file type you want to retrieve on the software interface. Then click the "Next" button.
5. The scanning process will take some time. After the scan is over, you can preview the found files. Click "Recover" to save them to your computer.
When Recuva cannot solve your problem, RecoveryTool Android Data Recovery is a good alternative.