Posted by Aimee , Aug 13, 2020
"My daughter borrowed my iPhone. When she returned the phone to me, I found that I couldn't download anything. What's wrong? My iPhone has never been jailbroken, so it cannot be an iOS system problem. The phone may be in Safe Mode. I don't know how to turn off this mode. Safe Mode is similar to Recovery Mode or DFU Mode? Can anyone help me and answer my doubts?"
Safe Mode is completely different from Recovery Mode or DFU Mode. It aims to help users delete extensions or add-ons that cause system failures. Uninstall the wrong extension to protect iOS when iPhone crashes. A jailbroken iPhone is easier to trigger and get stuck in safe mode because the jailbreak makes iOS stability worse. For a jailbroken iPhone, undelete the jailbreak can reduce the frequency of booting into safe mode. If the iPhone is already in safe mode, you can refer to the method in this article to exit this mode.
In most cases, turning off safe mode is not difficult. You can refer to the following methods to run the iPhone normally.
1. Restart the device from Safe Mode Notification.
After the iOS device enters the safe mode, you will see a notification about "SpringBoard crashed". When you remove incompatible packages or adjustments, click "Restart" to safely exit safe mode. This is the simplest solution. Once it is invalid, then you need to do more attempts.
2. Force restart to end safe mode.
Force restart according to different iPhone models. Hard restart steps for most people:
- Press and release the "Volume Up" of the iPhone. Then press and release the "Volume Down" button.
- Press and hold the "Side" button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
3. Delete the incompatible package or modify the problematic extension.
If you have recently performed a jailbreak operation, you need to remove the offending package or extension.
4. Reset iPhone to exit safe mode.
- Click "Settings" on the iPhone, then select "General".
- Go to "Reset", and then tap the "Erase All Content and Settings" item.
- All data on the iPhone will be erased after entering the password.
- After rebooting the iPhone, you can check if the device is back to normal.
Before resetting the iOS device, you need to make a data backup. Then use iTunes or iCloud to restore your data. In addition, some iOS recovery programs can complete data extraction tasks more efficiently.
iPhone is stuck in safe mode due to unknown factors. It is not easy to find the cause and fix the problem. And RecoveryTool Fix Recovery can effectively deal with this kind of problem by repairing missing or damaged files in the iOS system. To restore your iPhone system, you can follow these steps.
1. Install this repair software on the computer. Then connect the iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
2. Run this repair program, and then select "iOS System Recovery" in the software interface.
4. To download the firmware automatically, you need to confirm the iPhone information recognized by this tool. Click "Repair" and wait a few minutes to remove safe mode.
If you are not going to get out of safe mode but to access safe mode, then this article also provides a method to enable safe mode.
1. Turn off the iPhone, and then restart it.
2. The indicator of the device is on, you need to press the "Volume Down" button immediately. Release the button when you see the Apple logo.
This way you can easily boot your iPhone in safe mode.