Posted by Aimee , Mar 08, 2022
"Does anyone else have a similar issue with their iPhone? Snapchat's settings are the same as other apps, but there is a problem with Snapchat notifications. Although Snapchat notifications are turned on, there is neither a notification sound nor a notification showing. So how to fix Snapchat's Notification not working problem?"
Snapchat notifications are essential to many people because no one wants to miss a message, new Snap, or Story for no reason. In general, you should be able to receive every notification from Snapchat. Unfortunately, there are always extreme cases. Some users complained that they couldn't receive Snapchat notifications, especially iPhone users. Such problems are usually caused by incorrect settings or application glitches. This user guide will discuss how to fix various issues with Snapchat notifications not working on iPhone.
You can first check if Snapchat cannot show notifications on your phone.
1. Tap the "Snapchat" icon on your iPhone's home screen and run it.
2. Tap on the "Profile" item on the Snapchat app.
3. Next, click the "Gear" item in the upper right corner of the screen.
4. After clicking "Notifications", you need to ensure the "Enable Notifications" item is enabled.
The Snapchat app needs the proper permissions on the iPhone to send you notifications. If you are not receiving notifications from any of the apps, then there is a high probability that the notification settings are not configured correctly. You can do this on the iPhone.
1. On the iPhone, tap the "Settings" item and then tap "Notification".
2. Next, you will see all the apps installed on your phone, find and tap the "Snapchat" icon.
3. Tap the button next to Snapchat to enable it. If it is turned on, the button will be green.
4. Then, you can modify notification sound, lock screen notification, and others on this screen.
Background App Refresh is a feature that allows Snapchat and other apps to update notifications while they are running in the background. With this feature enabled, you can still receive notifications even when the app is closed.
1. Tap the "Settings" app on your iPhone. Then go to the "General" item.
2. Scroll down to find "Background App Refresh" and switch it on.
If you have Do Not Disturb mode enabled, notifications, alarms, or all incoming calls/text messages on the iPhone will be silent. And that's why the alerts sent by Snapchat are blocked.
1. Go to "Do Not Disturb" from "Settings" on your iPhone.
2. Then toggle the switch next to "Do Not Disturb" to off.
Corrupted data can also cause problems with the app, so wiping the app's cache is also one of the ways to fix Snapchat notifications not working.
1. Open Snapchat on your iOS device.
2. Locate the "Profile" icon on Snapchat and tap the "Settings" button.
3. Scroll down to find and tap the "Clear Cache" item.
4. Finally, click "Clear All" to delete all Snapchat caches.
You have tried several above methods, but the problem still cannot be solved. What's more convenient is to use RecoveryTool Fix Recovery to fix possible iOS system failures or other unknown errors.
1. Download this iOS system recovery program on RecoveryTool.
2. Install the software on your computer and run it.
3. Connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable and select the "iOS System Recovery" item on the software interface.
4. Then click the "Start" button.
5. After confirming that your device information is correct, you need to click the "Repair" button to download the firmware required for repair. Once the download is completed, and the repair is done, you can test if the problem is resolved.
It is also possible that the Snapchat notifications are not working due to data corruption in this app. You can uninstall Snapchat and reinstall a newer version of Snapchat.
1. Find Snapchat on the home screen. Then long-press the Snapchat icon until the options screen appears.
2. Click "Remove App" and follow the prompts to uninstall the app.
3. Once you have removed Snapchat, then you can reinstall the latest version of Snapchat in the App Store.
At this point, I hope these few tips provided by RecoveryTool will help solve the problem of your iPhone's Snapchat notifications not working.