Posted by RecoveryTool , Mar 22, 2022
"My iPhone says 'iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes'. What is this? What do I do next?"
If you set a passcode for your iPhone, your data is under tight protection. And the flip side of things is that if you forget your passcode and enter the wrong passcode, you'll find that the phone needs to wait a while before retyping the passcode attempt. After many wrong attempts, the iPhone pops up with an "iPhone Disabled Connect to iTunes" error and permanently locks the device. And to get rid of this annoying problem, you can try the methods provided in this user guide.
To better protect the data on the iPhone, the iOS device is automatically disabled when the wrong passcode is entered six times. At the same time, the message "iPhone disabled try again in 1 minute" will appear. And with the number of errors in unlocking iOS, the time that the iPhone is locked increases gradually. After ten wrong attempts, the iPhone will be completely locked and the prompt "iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes" will pop up. This isn't essentially an error code but protection for iOS devices that prevents hackers from stealing Apple users' privacy.
You can remove the passcode by wiping the phone data through iTunes to fix this problem. This process requires you to have previous iTunes backup files. If not, then things get complicated. Anyway, you can try the following steps:
1. Connect your iPhone to a computer with iTunes installed via a USB cable.
2. iTunes will detect the status of your device, and a pop-up 'There is a problem with the iPhone "iPhone" that requires to be updated or restored' pops up on the computer. You can click "Restore" to reset your iOS device.
3. If you don't get such a prompt, you can click the "Summary" item on the iTunes interface.
4. Then, click the "Restore iPhone" button at the bottom right of the program interface to restore your device.
If the iPhone says "iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes", then putting it in recovery mode is also a viable solution to restore the device. But you need the right key combination to enter recovery mode. The key combinations for different models of iPhones are different. You can refer to the user guide below.
Users of iPhone 6s and older models
1. Run iTunes after connecting your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
2. Next, press and hold the iPhone's "Power" and "Home" buttons until you see the "iTunes" icon.
iPhone 7 and 7 Plus users
1. Connect the iPhone to the computer with a certified USB cable and run the iTunes software.
2. Press the Power and the Volume buttons simultaneously until the iTunes icon pops up.
Users of iPhone 8 and later
1. Before launching iTunes, connect your iPhone to the computer.
2. Press and release the Volume Up & Volume Down buttons in sequence.
3. Finally, press and hold the phone's side button until the image iTunes symbol.
After your iPhone is in recovery mode, iTunes will automatically detect your phone's abnormal state. You can then follow the prompts to restore your iPhone, but this will delete all data on your phone.
In general, using tools can solve problems quickly and be more efficient. And RecoveryTool iPhone Unlocker is created based on this purpose. It's simple to use and can easily unlock a disabled iPhone.
1. Download this iOS unlock tool from RecoveryTool and install it on your computer.
2. Double-click the program's icon on the computer desktop. After this, you can connect your iPhone to the computer.
3. Click the "Wipe Passcode" function and then click "Start".
4. After confirming that the software detects the mobile phone information, you can tap the "Start" button to download the firmware package.
5. Once the firmware is downloaded to the iPhone, tap "Unlock" to wipe the device screen passcode.
Except for official tools like iTunes and iCloud can fix disabled iPhones. RecoveryTool Fix Recovery, a professional repair tool, can also solve the iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes error code.
1. Install this iOS system recovery tool on your computer.
2. Connect the iPhone to the computer via a USB cable, and you can run Fix Recovery.
3. Select the "iOS System Recovery" function on the software interface. Then tap the "Start" button to go to the next step.
4. Information about your iPhone will be presented on the interface. After confirmation, click the "Repair" button to download the firmware. Then wait for the program to repair your device.
When you encounter such an extreme situation that the iPhone cannot connect to iTunes, you cannot use the method just mentioned. Another feasible method is to use iCloud to restore the iPhone. This means you can reset a disabled iPhone without iTunes.
Note: If you have successfully set up the "Find My iPhone" function and this disabled iPhone can connect to the Internet, then you can try this method. Otherwise, it might be better to contact the Apple Store.
1. Visit icloud.com on another phone or tablet.
2. Log in to your account and tap "Find iPhone".
3. Next, click on the "All Devices" item.
4. Select the iOS device you want to restore and tap "Erase iPhone". Afterward, all settings and data of your iPhone will be wiped.
Now you know all the solutions to fix the "iPhone is disabled connect to iTunes" issue. So you can choose a suitable method from them. If you are after a higher success rate and need a faster repair method, you should use some professional tools.