Posted by Aimee , Feb 14, 2019
If your iPhone says "No Service", it means that you can't do even basic things such as sending or receiving a message, making or receiving calls and using mobile data. What a nightmare it is for iPhone users! Many reasons could cause this problem, for example, improper placement, hardware problem, software error or sometimes updating to the newest iOS 12. If you are facing with this issue, we highly suggest you check this article and apply some tips we list below to fix the problem that iPhone says no service. Let's start now!
Method 1: Check your coverage area.
Firstly, make sure you're in an area with cellular coverage. Then follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings, then tap Cellular or Mobile Data. If you're using your iPad, you might see Settings > Cellular Data.
- If you're traveling abroad, make sure that your device is set up for data roaming. Go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Data Roaming.
Method 2: Try to restart your iPhone.
Method 3: Check for a Carrier Settings update.
To manually check for and install a carrier settings update:
- Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.
- To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier.
Method 4: Simply take out the SIM card and put it back in later. If the SIM card is damaged or doesn't fit in the SIM tray, contact your carrier.
Method 5: Reset your Network Settings.
Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.
Method 6: Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
Method 7: Contact your carrier.
Sometimes, issues with your carrier or account might affect your service. Don't hesitate to contact your carrier to:
- Verify that your account is active and in good standing.
- Make sure there are no outages in your area.
- Check that your device isn't blocked from receiving cellular services and is set up with the right data plan.
Please note that if you need to help finding your wireless carrier's service page, use the Apple carrier-support article or an online search engine.
If the above methods can't still solve your problem, then you need a third-party repairing tool, RecoveryTool Fix Recovery to solve the problem that iPhone says No Service without any data loss.
Step 1: Download, install the software and run it on your PC. Then click "Repair".
Step 2: Connect your iPhone to the system and wait for this program to detect it.
Step 3: Then follow the on-screen instructions to get your iPhone into DFU mode to update the latest firmware.
Step 4: Now please fill the basic details related to your device (like its model, update, and more). Tap on the "Download" button once you are done. And later the program will start to fix your iPhone automatically. Make sure that you don't disconnect your device during this process.
Step 5: Now your iPhone should be restarted normally, if not, click "Try Again" to repeat the process.
Just try the above solutions to fix the problem that iPhone says No Service. Any other problems, please leave your comment in no time.