Posted by RecoveryTool , Mar 25, 2022
"I'm planning to sell my iPhone, so I need to erase my contacts and other data from my phone. For some unknown reason, my iPhone's screen suddenly freezes. Now I can't turn it off or reset it. And I try to use the lock or home button to reset it. But I'm really out of luck this doesn't work. Is there any way to reset an iPhone that's frozen? Thanks in advance."
Someone may have also encountered the problem that the iPhone screen is frozen. Once the phone screen freezes, taps on the screen will no longer be responsive. And an even worse case is the iPhone hangs and stays on the black screen. Although there are many reasons why the iPhone screen freezes, RecoveryTool took a deep dive into it and put together the following things & solutions. So if your iPhone screen is frozen, you can follow the methods in this article.
Generally speaking, an unresponsive iPhone can be restarted to restore control of the device. But if the problem is not resolved and the phone is still freezing, you need to consider whether there are other more profound reasons. And the following factors can cause your iPhone to become unresponsive and freeze.
1. The iPhone needs to be restarted
Android users are probably familiar that their phones need to be restarted regularly. And the same goes for iOS devices. When the iPhone has abnormal conditions, restarting the device will be an essential step.
2. Application Vulnerabilities
Although Apple reviews all apps on the App Store, hidden source code errors are not easily discovered during the review process. So if the screen freezes when using a particular app, you can try to update the app or uninstall the app.
3. Insufficient storage space
iPhone storage space is capped. Therefore, when the device's storage space is small or unavailable, the iPhone will not function properly. The stability and performance of the phone will decrease.
4. Low battery
According to Apple's official statement, if the iPhone's battery is too low, the phone's screen will remain blank. And the device will be stuck on a blank screen for a specific time before displaying the low battery prompt. Also, an iOS device with a completely drained battery will need to charge for 20 minutes to function correctly.
Usually, you can restart your iPhone like this.
For users with iPhone X, 11, and later
1. Press and hold the volume button & side button simultaneously until you see the power-off slider.
2. Then drag the slider to turn off your phone.
3. Press and hold the side button on the right side of the iPhone to restart the device.
For users with iPhone SE (2nd or 3rd generation), 8, 7 or 6
1. Press and hold the side until the power-off slider pops up before letting go.
2. After moving the slider, wait for the iPhone to turn off.
3. Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For users with iPhone SE (1st generation), five or earlier
1. Press and hold the top button. You can only let go when the power-off slider appears.
2. Wait 30 seconds after dragging the slider.
3. After shutdown, long-press the top button again until you see the Apple logo.
Note: If the iPhone screen freezes or becomes unresponsive and cannot restart the device in this way, then you should force restart the iPhone.
Force restarting your iPhone can help fix the screen freezing bug.
For iPhone 8 and later
1. Press and release the volume up button, then press and release the volume down button.
2. Press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 7 or 7 Plus
1. Press and hold the volume down & side buttons.
2. Release the button when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For iPhone 6s or earlier
1. Press and hold the Home & Side buttons simultaneously.
2. Release the button when you see the Apple logo.
After hard resetting your iPhone, you can check if the fault is resolved. If the problem is not resolved, you need to move on to the next step.
If your iPhone freezes and your phone's battery is low, you might as well charge your iOS device.
The iPhone screen freezes when using the specified app, so you can uninstall it to avoid the freeze caused by the iPhone hanging or crashing.
1. You need to long-press the app you want to delete.
2. Click "Remove App" in the pop-up menu.
3. Then select the "Delete App" item. Finally, click "Delete".
If you've recently received low storage alerts, here are some steps you can try.
1. Access the "Settings" app on your iPhone.
2. Then click "General".
3. Find and click the "iPhone Storage" item. Then you can follow the prompts to delete some unnecessary documents and data.
Factory resetting your iPhone is the last resort. Although a factory reset can reset your iPhone, it also means that all data on your phone will be wiped. This is an approach that is not advocated. So you can jump to Part 5 first to use a new and efficient method.
For iOS 15
1. Run the "Settings" app on your iPhone and tap "General".
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen to find and click the "Transfer or Reset iPhone" item.
3. Select "Erase All Content and Settings" and follow the prompts.
For earlier systems such as iOS 14
1. Go from "Settings" to "General" on iPhone.
2. Click "Reset" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
3. Tap "Erase Now" after clicking "Erase All Content and Settings".
4. Click "Erase iPhone" and then click "Erase".
If prompted for a password, you will need to enter the password you set.
If you have tried several iPhone screen frozen repair techniques, but the problem is still not resolved, then RecoveryTool Fix Recovery will be your most reliable helper. It can fix some unknown iOS system errors at the fastest speed and avoid spending a lot of time troubleshooting one by one.
1. Download this fix recovery to your computer, and then you can install it.
2. After running this program on the computer, select the "iOS System Recovery" function in it.
3. You can start downloading the firmware when you have confirmed the iOS device information.
4. Finally, click the "Repair" button to unfreeze iPhone.
Using iOS repair software simplifies the process of restoring your iPhone to normal and saves a lot of time compared to other methods.
You've learned about the causes of iPhone screen freezes and possible ways to fix or reset a frozen iPhone. Among them, RecoveryTool Fix Recovery is the best solution. So it's worth a try. In addition, it is recommended that you contact Apple for more technical support if all methods fail.