Posted by Aimee , Nov 21, 2020
"My computer is broken. Can I restore the iPhone without using iTunes? If the phone data cannot be restored, then I will lose my contacts, pictures, text messages, app documents, and other data. Thanks in advance."
iTunes software has always been a portal for managing, backing up, and restoring iOS devices. If you cannot access or use iTunes due to some reasons such as iTunes error 14, 50, 3503, 4005, then this will be a troublesome thing. Some operations such as resetting or restoring the iPhone will not be possible. This article will provide some feasible alternatives for the situation that iTunes is not available or not used.
If you have a backup file available, then you can skip this step. If you have never made a backup for your iPhone or there is no backup file available, it is necessary to perform a backup operation before restoring or repairing the iOS device. Without iTunes, you can use the "iOS Data Backup & Restore" function in RecoveryTool iPhone Data Recovery.
1. Run this tool, and then click "More tools" to go to the function selection interface.
2. Tap the "iOS Data Backup & Restore" mode. Then you can connect the iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
3. After selecting one of "Standard backup" and "Encrypt backup", select the file to be backed up in the file type interface.
4. Click the "Next" button to start backing up your iPhone.
You may need to retrieve iPhone files without iTunes in the following situations.
* If the iPhone is lost or damaged, you need to extract data from the backup file.
* Lost the contacts, call history, notes, and other data on the iPhone but there is no backup file.
* iPhone has malfunctioned, such as water damage, disabled, frozen, etc.
* Need to selectively restore data from iTunes or iCloud backup files.
* iPhone cannot be recognized by iTunes.
* There are different types of iTunes error codes.
Option 1. Recover lost data directly from iPhone without iTunes
RecoveryTool iPhone Data Recovery can help Apple users selectively retrieve lost files from iPhones that are not malfunctioning.
1. Download and install this iOS data recovery tool on your computer.
2. Run this program and select "Recover from iOS Device". After connecting the iPhone to the computer, tap the "Start" button to scan.
3. Once scanned, you can view and select the file types to be recovered in the software interface.
Option 2. Extract data from the iCloud backup file
If you restore data from an iCloud backup, you don't need iTunes.
1. Go to the "Settings" app on the "Home" screen of the iPhone.
2. Click "General", then click "Reset".
3. Click "Erase all Contents and Settings" and then click "Erase Now" to confirm erasing iPhone data.
4. Click "Restore from iCloud Backup" on the "Apps & Data" interface.
5. Log in to your iCloud account, and then select one of the backup files in the list to restore.
In addition, if you need a convenient and selective method to extract data from iCloud backup files, you can use the "Recover from iCloud Backup File" function of RecoveryTool iPhone Data Recovery.
When the iPhone is in an abnormal state and iTunes stops working, the "iOS System Recovery" function of RecoveryTool iPhone Data Recovery can bring the iOS device back to the normal state. It can often be used to repair the following types of system failures:
* iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
* iPhone stuck on Apple logo.
* iPhone keeps restarting.
* iPhone keeps the black screen.
The steps to repair the iPhone without iTunes are as follows:
1. Download this iOS system repair tool and install it on your PC or Mac.
2. After running the software, you need to click the "More tools" item. Then select "iOS System Recovery" mode.
3. After confirming the iPhone information, you can prepare to download the firmware.
4. Tap the "Repair" button to start downloading the firmware package to repair the device.
To get rid of the negative impact brought by the unavailability of iTunes, you need some professional iOS software. Hope that the above scheme can bring you some inspiration.