Posted by RecoveryTool , Mar 16, 2022
"Snapchat keeps crashing after an update. And strangely, I haven't made any changes to my iPhone settings recently. My phone has been working fine, but I don't know what's causing the app to crash.
I have tried some methods, but they don't work. Is there any other way to fix this glitch? I will appreciate any help you can provide. "
You may have also encountered a situation where it keeps crashing on your iPhone while opening, logging in, or using Snapchat. No matter how many times you try, the situation still doesn't improve. This will prevent you from using the app properly. The problem may lie in the app or the iPhone itself. Here RecoveryTool will guide you on fixing Snapchat that keeps crashing on iPhone.
If you want to summarize the reasons for the crash of the Snapchat app, it can be summed up in the following factors.
When there is no network or cellular data, your phone will get stuck on the loading screen and return an error.
If you've updated Snapchat in the App Store or changed settings in the Settings app, Snapchat won't open because the replaced file doesn't work or the settings don't take effect. Hence the need to restart the iPhone.
Compatibility issues are caused by older iOS systems that no longer support the latest version of the Snapchat app.
Random Access Memory (RAM) is the space the iPhone uses to handle active processes. And RAM is limited. When this storage space is insufficient, Snapchat and other applications keep crashing.
While the Snapchat app is under maintenance, country-specific services go offline. If you happen to be logged into the app during this time, Snapchat will stop or crash.
Snapchat's repeated crashes have been bothering a lot of iPhone users. And whatever the cause, it can be pretty frustrating. You can try the methods below to fix Snapchat stopped or crashed errors.
1. Quickly press the "Home" button twice in succession. If you're using an iPhone 11, 12, or 13, slide your finger up from the bottom of the screen to the middle.
2. Swipe up on the preview panel to quit all running applications.
3. Once done, you can re-run it by tapping the Snapchat icon again.
1. Open the Snapchat app on your iPhone.
2. Click the "Profile" item in the upper left corner of the screen, then find and click the "Settings" icon.
3. Scroll down to "ACCOUNT ACTIONS" and click "Clear Cache" under it.
4. Finally, click the "Clear" item.
For iPhone X and later models, the operations are as follows:
1. Press and hold the "Power" & "Volume" buttons simultaneously until the Power Off slider appears.
2. Drag the slider to turn off the device.
3. After the iPhone is turned off, you can press and hold the "Power" button until you see the Apple logo.
For other iPhone models, the operations are as follows:
1. Long press the "Power" button on the side or top of the phone. Only let go when you see the shutdown slider.
2. Wait for the device to turn off after dragging the slider.
3. Then, press and hold the "Power" button. If you can see the Apple logo, the device restarts successfully.
Uninstall and Reinstall Snapchat on iPhone
1. After unlocking the iPhone screen, find and long-press the "Snapchat" app.
2. Click the "X" symbol on the icon to delete the application.
3. Then, run "App Store" and search for "Snapchat" on it.
4. Click "Install" to install it on your phone, then you can log in again.
You've tried the above methods, but Snapchat still doesn't work. If you are using a VPN, disabling the VPN might fix the problem.
1. Visit the official website of Downdetector.
2. Type "Snapchat" under the "Real-time problem & outage monitoring" field and click the "Search" icon.
3. This website will check and report the Snapchat server status.
Although factors such as file corruption, improper device configuration, and network issues are the main reasons, there are always unexpected factors. Therefore, it is not easy to troubleshoot one by one that Snapchat keeps crashing before opening. And RecoveryTool Fix Recovery is a one-click repair program that can save you a lot of time.
1. Download this system repair software on RecoveryTool and install it on your computer.
2. Select "iOS System Recovery" mode. Then connect the iPhone to the computer.
3. After confirming that your device information is correct, you can download the firmware package.
4. Finally, click the "Repair" button to repair your iPhone.
This method has a better effect on repairing app failures caused by unknown errors in the iOS system.
Following the above method, the problem of the Snapchat app on the iPhone keeps crashing, or freezing can be solved.