Posted by Aimee , May 16, 2021
"How do I change the application icon? I know there is a way. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be great."
In terms of customizing app icons, iOS is much more closed than Android. However, Apple's iOS 14 update brings new changes, which allows people to change the app icon at will. Apple does not advertise this feature too much. And this article is to explains the function of modifying the icon on the iOS device.
1. Find the Shortcuts app on the iOS device. If you don't find it, you need to reinstall Shortcuts in the App Store.
2. After running Shortcuts, click the "+" button in the upper right corner.
3. Then tap "Search Bar".
4. Type "open app" in the search bar. When the "Actions" heading appears, click on the "Open App" item.
5. Click the "Choose" item under the "Scripting" heading.
6. Select the app to change the icon. Then go to the "More" button.
7. Click "Add to Home Screen".
8. Go to the "New Shortcut" item under the "Home Screen Name and Icon" heading, and then you can modify the name of the shortcut.
9. Tap the icon next to the shortcut name. Click "Take Photo" or "Choose Photo" to select the icon you want to customize.
If you still cannot customize the app icon after performing the above operations, you can upgrade to the latest version of iOS. In addition, some professional iOS repair programs can also assist in iOS upgrades.
Change App Icons on iOS