Posted by Aimee , May 11, 2020
Although Do Not Disturb is not a new feature, it is very useful for everyone. Once this feature is enabled on the iOS device, all annoying calls, text messages, and notifications will be muted. When you don't want to be disturbed, you won't be harassed or distracted.
People who use this feature enjoy the convenience it brings, but it is not a good thing for those who cannot bypass this mode. Is there no way for others to contact people who use the Do Not Disturb mode? The answer is no. As long as this mode is set properly, it can help people stay away from unnecessary interference while certain people can still contact you.
There are many related setting options on Do Not Disturb. If you want to better configure this mode, you can read this article to learn more.
Before customizing the Do Not Disturb mode, iOS users need to enable this feature in advance.
1. For iPhone X and above, swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen. For earlier models such as iPhone 8 Plus, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. This way you can quickly switch to Open Control Center.
2. Click the crescent icon. After tapping, you can enable Do Not Disturb mode, and a crescent icon will appear at the top of the home screen.
To close Do Not Disturb, you just need to click the crescent icon on the Open Control Center again. In addition, you can also use this method to quickly turn dark mode on and off.
In Part 1, you have enabled Do Not Disturb by following the steps in the article. If you want to better configure the Do Not Disturb mode, you need to read the following information and make the corresponding settings.
1. To be undisturbed at a specific time, you can set a schedule.
Open the Settings page > Find Do Not Disturb > Click Scheduled and set the time
In addition, you can also turn on the Bedtime function. After activating this function, your device will appear in the following conditions.
- The lock screen will dim.
- All calls will be muted.
- The notification will be displayed under the notification center of "during bedtime".
2. Select one of the silent modes in Silence.
Find the "Silence" item on the Do Not Disturb page, and select one of them. If you select "Always", your device will remain silent all the time. If you select "When the device is locked", your device will be muted when the device is locked.
3. In order not to miss some people's calls or notifications, you can configure the "Allow Calls From".
4. To avoid missing important calls, you can enable "Repeated Calls". This feature allows people who dial your phone number multiple times within three minutes to contact you normally.
Set the Do Not Disturb mode correctly, you can enjoy the convenience it brings to you. Data loss occurs during the use of the iPhone, iPad, and iPod. You can use iTunes and iCloud to recover data. In addition, you also can use iPhone data recovery tools.
Do Not Disturb Mode