Posted by Aimee , Oct 08, 2021
"The Microsoft Teams mobile app has been working well on iPhone 11 in the past. There has been a problem recently. Someone called me from Teams, but I can't receive mobile notifications. I can't know who it is from, because the phone screen only shows 'TEAMS: you have a new message'. I have restarted the iOS device, but this did not work. Any help is appreciated."
If the Microsoft Teams application does not work or cannot be enabled, we will miss important information. After my testing and research, I sorted out these solutions.
The startup of many applications may cause the device to malfunction. Turn off the iPhone and then restart it to turn off all operations running in the background. Therefore, restarting the iOS device is the easiest solution.
1. Long press the power button.
2. When "slide to power off" appears on the screen, slide your finger from left to right on the screen.
3. After the iPhone is completely shut down, you can restart the device.
4. Press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears. Release the button and wait for the iPhone to turn on.
Disabling notifications for Microsoft Teams will cause the notifications to become invalid. You only need the correct settings to re-enable Microsoft Teams notifications and alerts.
1. Click "Settings" to go to "Notifications".
2. Pull down to find the Teams app, and then switch the "Allow Notifications" button to the enabled state.
Do Not Disturb mode will prevent notifications from popping up. You can check whether the "Do Not Disturb" mode is disabled.
1. Go to "Do Not Disturb" from "Settings".
2. Disable the "Do Not Disturb" mode.
Configure the Microsoft Teams app on the iPhone to allow notifications when you are active on the Web or PC. This way you can receive notifications at any time.
1. Go to the Microsoft Teams app on your iPhone, and click the menu icon on the upper left.
2. Find the "Notifications" item, and then click "Always".
Configure Microsoft Teams so that you can receive the notifications you want. Therefore, you need to detect whether you need to fix this problem.
1. Run the Microsoft Teams app on the iPhone.
2. Tap the menu icon, and then tap "Notifications".
3. Find the "'Notify me for" section, and then select all the team activities you need to be notified of.
When the iOS device is in Silent Mode, it will not be able to trigger the push of iPhone notifications.
1. Check the Silent Mode button on the side of the iPhone. If the orange stripes are visible, it means your device is in Silent Mode. You need to go to the next step.
2. Switch the Silent Mode button to the other side. Now your iPhone is in General Mode. In this way, you can receive all push notifications again.
You have tried all the above methods, but Microsoft Teams Notifications still do not work. At this critical moment, RecoveryTool Fix Recovery may be able to help you. It can fix the problems caused by the phone's firmware, such as the device does not respond, the app keeps crashing, and iCloud keeps asking for a password.
1. After installing RecoveryTool's repair program to your computer, you can select the "iOS System Recovery" function from the software interface.
2. Before proceeding to the next step, please make sure that you have connected your iPhone to your desktop or laptop via a USB cable.
3. Click the "Start" button.
4. Check the device model, iOS version, and other information displayed by the software. Then click the "Download" button to download the supported firmware.
5. Wait a while, and then click the "Fix Now" button to fix the problem of invalid Microsoft Teams notifications.
Microsoft Teams Notifications not Working on iPhone