Posted by Aimee , Dec 25, 2019
"Last night, I played all night in Donut County. The next morning, when I woke up, I found that the iPhone Xs Max froze the home screen. The phone could prompt notifications under the lock screen. After unlocking my iPhone, I cannot do other operations. No matter what app icon I click, they don't respond. I don't know what happened. The phone freezes on a specific interface. Does anyone know what is going on? ”
There are many reasons that cause the iPhone to hang or freeze. If the iPhone hangs due to damage, then you can only send the device to the Apple Store for repair. Data may be lost during equipment repairs. Before repairing, you can try to extract data from the broken iPhone. In addition, if the iPhone interface freezes due to other reasons, you can refer to the methods below.
An app is frozen or not responding. You can force it to close in the multitasking center.
1. Double-click the "Home" button and find the unresponsive app in the application's preview interface.
2. Select the app in question and swipe it up to close it.
If your iPhone is not responding and freezes on a certain screen, then you can try to force restart the device. The common hard restart methods are as follows:
1. Press and release the "Volume Up" button, then press and release the "Volume Down".
2. Press and hold the "Side" button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
For the forced restart method of other iPhone models, please refer to another related article.
If neither of the above methods can solve your problem, you can also try the following countermeasures.
1. Restore the iPhone device
- Connect iPhone to PC or Mac
- Make sure the device is connected, find the "Restore" option in "Summary". You can read more about restoring iPhone in this article.
2. Put the iPhone in recovery mode.
3. Contact Genius Bar for more correct support. Apple Support provides hardware repair and other technical services. Any questions can be contacted via phone, email and chat for official technical support.
A frozen or hung iPhone can get related technical support in this article, but it is not helpful for hardware repair issues.
Reset Frozen iPhone