Posted by RecoveryTool , Apr 20, 2022
"I just changed the SIM to another carrier, but I can't find a place to change the SIM Pin on the iPhone. The solution I found online doesn't work because the settings it describes are not the same as my iPhone."
How to enable and set up a SIM PIN code? How can I change the SIM password? How to turn off the sim pin? No matter what kind of situation you're experiencing, you can solve this type of problem on your iPhone in minutes after reading this article.
The PIN code protects your SIM card when your iPhone is stolen or lost. A SIM card with a PIN prevents others from using your phone to make calls, send messages and use cellular data. Therefore, SIM PIN greatly protects personal privacy and enhances property security.
Follow the steps below to quickly turn on or set a SIM PIN code on your iPhone.
- Click on the "Settings" app on the iPhone.
- Then go to "Cellular" and tap "SIM PIN".
- Toggle "SIM PIN" to ON.
- If this is your first time setting a PIN code, you will need to enter your carrier's default SIM PIN. Otherwise, you will need to contact your carrier.
- Finally, click "Done" to complete the SIM PIN setting.
The following steps are about changing the existing SIM PIN on iPhone.
- Find the "Settings" item on your iPhone and tap "Cellular".
- Click "Change PIN" after selecting "SIM PIN".
- You will then be asked to enter your existing PIN and click "Done".
- When you are done with the previous step, you can enter the new SIM PIN code.
- Type the new PIN passcode again and click "Done".
There may be times when you want to remove the SIM PIN on your iPhone, but that's not possible. Nonetheless, you can disable or turn off the PIN code.
- Go to "Cellular" after clicking the "Settings" app on iPhone.
- When you click on the "SIM PIN" item, you can toggle it off.
The SIM PIN password is a good protection measure, but it requires you to set up and change the SIM Card Pin appropriately on your iPhone. If the iPhone passcode doesn't work, RecoveryTool also provides solutions in this regard.
Set or Change SIM Pin on iPhone