Posted by RecoveryTool , Apr 16, 2022
"I got a new iPhone. How can I set a song purchased from the iTunes store as a ringtone? The purchased ringtone is not in the sound but the music tab. Can anyone help me?"
If you need to put a song as a ringtone on your iPhone, you can find the answer in this user guide. But a ringtone doesn't have to be a song, and it can be any content audio file. And it's worth noting that Apple music or songs cannot be set as ringtones on the iPhone because they are protected. Therefore, you need to have a DRM-free audio file to set it as a ringtone. Now let RecoveryTool show you how to make a ringtone on iPhone.
If you don't have an audio or song clip available yet, you'll need to convert it before you can choose it as a ringtone on your phone. And RecoveryTool Video Editor is one of the best ringtone converters, which can help you convert videos or files of any format into ringtones. To change your song to a ringtone, you need to follow these steps:
1. Download and install this format converter on your computer.
2. After clicking the "+" icon to add a song, tap the drop-down button next to "Convert All to:".
3. Select "Audio" among them and click the "AAC" item, then select one of the audio quality.
4. Finally, tap the "Convert All" button to convert the song to a ringtone format usable by iPhone.
Note: If you need to cut the playback time of the audio, then you can click the "Cut" icon to cut before converting the audio format.
5. When you have made your ringtone, change the file extension.
- Find the AAC file you created in RecoveryTool Video Editor's export folder.
- Right-click on the audio file and change its extension to M4R.
Find the audio file and add the .m4r file extension.
6. After upgrading your iTunes to the latest version, connect the iPhone to the computer via USB.
7. Select your iPhone in the upper left corner of iTunes and find the "General" or "Summary" tab.
8. Check "Manually manage music, movies and TV shows" in "Options".
9. Drag your M4R audio file to the "General" or "Summary" tab and click "Sync".
10. Click "Settings" on the iPhone. Then click on "Sounds & Haptics".
11. Then, you can select your target song in "Ringtones".
Note: You can also put your custom ringtone using this method.
You can do this to change or set the ringtone on your iPhone.
1. Tap on the "Settings" item on the Home screen, then go to the "Sound & Haptics" item.
2. Then click on the ringtone you want to change in "Sounds and Vibration Patterns".
3. Click "Done" to successfully set your new tone.
This makes it possible to set a ringtone for your iPhone without iTunes.
If the built-in sound effects on the iPhone are not to your liking, then you can purchase ringtones on the iPhone through iTunes. You can follow the steps below to get your favourite ringtones on your iPhone.
1. When you open the iTunes Store app, you can click the "More" icon.
2. Next, click on the "Tones" item.
3. Find the ringtone you want and tap the price.
4. Choose one of the options from "Set as Default Ringtone", "Set as Default Text Tone", or "Assign to a Contact", then enter your Apple ID password to complete the purchase.
5. After completing the purchase, you can add the ringtone to your iPhone.
Once you've read through the entire text, changing and setting your ringtone is no longer a hassle. And these tips work with or without iTunes to put your custom songs or sounds.
Set Ringtone on iPhone