Posted by Aimee , Dec 27, 2019
"I'm having trouble moving old WhatsApp messages from Samsung phones to Xiaomi phones. I followed the method recommended by AndroidPIT to copy the WhatsApp folder to the SD card. However, it obviously doesn't work. Is there any other way? Old WhatsApp conversations on my Android phone are something I desperately need. "
WhatsApp, Facebook and Twitter have become indispensable social tools in people's lives. When we replace a new Android device, we will hope to keep the old chat history. This involves a problem. How to transfer WhatsApp chat between different Android devices? Fortunately, you can get help in RecoveryTool. Alright, now let us know how to transfer WhatsApp messages from Android to Android.
Using mobile phone transfer software can easily copy data between different devices, so it is the preferred solution.
1. Download MobiTrans Transfer and install it on your computer.
2. After starting this message transfer program, select "Phone to Phone Transfer" in the interface.
3. Connect the two Android devices to the computer one by one with USB. The old equipment is used as the transmission source.
4. Select "App Data (Root)" in the "Select content to copy" selection box. Then click the "Start Transfer" button. This way you can move WhatsApp conversations to your new Android device.
WhatsApp chat history will be automatically backed up to the WhatsApp folder in your phone's internal storage or external SD card. Therefore, you can use a local backup to transfer WhatsApp messages.
1. Do the following on your old Android device:
- Launch WhatsApp and enter the Menu Button.
- Find Chats in Settings.
- Click Chat backup, and then click the Back Up item to back up WhatsApp conversation.
2. Download WhatsApp from Google App Store on your new Android phone and install it.
3. Perform different operations depending on the type of SD.
-For old phones with external SD card, you can remove the SD card. Then put it in your new Android phone.
-For devices with internal memory or internal SD card, you need to move/sd card/WhatsApp/folder from the old phone to the same folder in the new phone.
4. Run WhatsApp on your new Android device.
5. When the backup prompt pops up in the new Android phone interface, click the "Restore" option.
Note: Some data may be lost during this WhatsApp message transfer process. And for this type of data recovery, WhatsApp conversations can be recovered on your old Android phone through RecoveryTool Android Data Recovery.