Posted by Aimee , Sep 04, 2020
"Before I bought the Xiaomi phone, I used the iPhone 8 mobile phone. So I don't know much about Android. Yesterday, I accidentally deleted the Camera folder on the phone. This is a mistake.
If it is an iPhone, I can restore data for the iPhone via cloud backup files. Unfortunately, I have never backed up files on my Android phone. The Android device does not have an external storage card, so all data is stored on the phone. I plan to try Recuva. Can it be used on Xiaomi?
In addition, Recuva may not be the best Android data recovery tool. Are there other better alternatives to Recuva? Any help will be greatly appreciated. "
Recuva is a free file recovery program originally developed by Piriform. However, it can only be used on Windows. Not applicable to operating systems such as Android, iOS, macOS, or Linux. Therefore, there is no Android version of Recuva. The user guide claiming that Recuva can retrieve data from Android is misleading. If you urgently need this free data recovery tool, Recuva can only help users recover data from mobile SD cards but cannot directly extract data from Android devices. We have recently found several alternatives to Recuva for Android. You will be able to get tips from this article.
If the lost data is stored in the Android SD card, then you still have a chance to recover the files through Recuva. You can download the full version of Recuva from CCleaner. Take the card reader and mobile SD card into the computer. Then you can start to retrieve data.
- Unmount the SD card from Android and connect to the PC.
- Run this data recovery program. Then select the file type to be retrieved.
- Choose to recover data from SD card.
- Recuva will scan your device. Find and restore lost data.
Now, you will find that Recuva is not a professional Android recovery software. It is just a powerful computer data recovery tool. Therefore, you need a more powerful alternative to Recuva.
1. Android Data Recovery by RecoveryTool.
People like software with a simple user interface. And RecoveryTool Android Data Recovery is such a tool. You do not need too much professional knowledge to quickly retrieve contacts, photos, text messages, and other file types.
- Select the "Android Data Recovery" mode.
- Connect Android to the computer via a USB cable, and then you will be asked to enable USB debugging mode.
- Select the file type in "Contacts & Message" or "Media".
- After scanning, you can select the files to be recovered in the software interface.
2. Dr.fone for Android
Dr.fone is also a data recovery tool that can be used on Android. However, its price is relatively expensive. In addition, the software has a complicated interface because it adds too many other functions.
- Download and install Dr.fone on your computer.
- Select the "Data Recovery" function among them. Connect Android to PC or Mac. Then enable USB debugging on the device.
- Check the file type to scan in the tool interface.
- When the scanning stops, you can undelete the lost data.
3. Stellar Data Recovery for Android Mobile
Stellar is a data recovery company that focuses on Windows or Mac data recovery solutions. Not necessarily professional but worth trying.
In general, data is much more precious than the Android device itself. Therefore, use the "Android Data Backup & Restore" function in RecoveryTool Android Data Recovery to reliably save your Android data. For the method of recovering deleted data from iOS devices, please refer to other articles.