Posted by Aimee , Nov 25, 2019
"In my grandfather's room, I found an old Gateway DC-M42 digital camera. It uses Toshiba's SmartMedia card to store data. After the digital camera is repaired, it can be turned on. There are more than 120 photos in the camera. I used SmartMedia card reader to read data on the computer, but I couldn't find these pictures. I tried several disc recovery programs. Recuva, Puran File Recovery, Glary Undelete, Disk Drill and other tools can't help me get rid of this dilemma. I very much hope that I can retrieve these precious pictures, but I am not sure what else I can try."
As long as the SmartMedia card data has not been overwritten, you still have the opportunity to recover photos by the methods mentioned in this article. RecoveryTool Data Recovery is a practical program. Lost data due to deletions, system errors, formatting, and even virus attacks. This tool will be the easiest way to restore these files. Continue browsing this article and you will learn how to rescue data from a SmartMedia card.
To undelete data on SmartMedia, you need to download and install RecoveryTool Data Recovery. The data recovery software can recover video, document, video, image, audio file and other file types.
1. Connect the SmartMedia card to your computer using the SmartMedia memory card reader and adapter.
2. Start SD card recovery and you will see multiple file types. This time you can choose "Photo".
3. Click "Next" to proceed to the next step. You will see the location on the interface where you can recover lost files.
4. Select "Exter removable device" according to the actual situation. Then click the "Start" button to scan the formatted data.
5. All lost data from SmartMedia card will be displayed on the software interface. Mark the files you need to recover and click "Recover".
Note: Do not use SmartMedia card until you have recovered data.