Posted by Aimee , Mar 08, 2021
Smart devices have become the center of technology, prompting the progress or development of related technologies. In the past, text messaging was the best phone feature we thought. With the birth of smartphones and tablets, instant messaging is now more popular. This type of VoIP application can send & receive messages, videos, pictures, and others when connected to a wireless network. The most commonly used ones are Skype, Viber, and WhatsApp. When using these applications, people may accidentally lose important data. Therefore, it is very important to learn how to backup and restore data. This article uses backup and retrieval of Viber SMS on iPhone as an example to provide ideas for solving the problem.
Manually backing up data for Viber can download them back when needed. If you have the habit of using iCloud to back up files for iOS devices, then you can use it to back up Viber messages.
1. After logging in to iCloud, find the "Enable iCloud Drive" item. Then you need to switch Viber to the "On" state.
2. Run Viber on the iPhone and click "More Option".
3. Locate "Settings" and click "Account".
4. Click the "Viber Backup" and "Back Up Now" items in turn.
Tip: Viber messages cannot be restored selectively.
1. Update the Viber app to the latest version.
2. After launching Viber, click on the "More Option" item.
3. Find "Settings" in the options. Then tap "Calls and Messages".
4. After clicking "Email Message History", Viber messages will be allowed to be compressed and sent to the designated mailbox.
If you think that exporting Viber chat to email is not the choice you want, then third-party tools can bring you a better user experience.
iTunes and iCloud are both great tools, but they are not perfect. The backup and restore functions in RecoveryTool iPhone Data Recovery are more intelligent. Not only can you selectively back up files but you can also selectively retrieve data. This is more suitable for backing up Viber messages. To back up Viber data with one click, you need to perform the following operations:
1. Run this tool and click "More tools".
2. After connecting the iPhone to the computer via a USB cable, select "iOS Data Backup & Restore" among these functions.
3. To back up your iOS device, you need to click the "iOS Data Backup" item in the main interface. Unlock the iPhone lock screen so that the program automatically detects your iPhone.
4. Before clicking the "Start" button, you need to select one of the modes between "Standard backup" and "Encrypted backup".
5. Select the file type to be backed up or click "Select All". Then click the "Next" button to back up the data.
If you have made backups for Viber, it is easy to restore them. How to restore them without backup files? RecoveryTool iPhone Data Recovery can just solve this problem.
1. Run this iPhone recovery software, and select "Recover from iOS Device" on the left side of the interface.
2. Connect the iPhone to the computer, and then tap the "Start Scan" button to scan for lost data.
3. After scanning, you can check "Viber", "Viber Attachments" and "Viber Call History" in the left column of the software interface. Select the Viber chat history you want to retrieve, and then click the "Recover" button.