Posted by Aimee , Oct 23, 2019
"In order to prevent my child from indulging in playing video games, I set a password on the iPhone. My child keeps trying to unlock the iPhone. Eventually, my iPhone is disabled. How to fix iPhone is disabled?"
This is a very common reason why the iPhone is disabled. Of course, it may be because you have forgotten your own password. Enter too many wrong passwords and finally cause the iPhone to be disabled. For security reasons, these unsafe behaviors will make the iPhone disabled. Otherwise, anyone can break your iPhone password and get your personal privacy information by constantly trying to combine passwords. When the phone is disabled, we can follow the instructions in this article to fix the disabled iPhone. This is not a big problem as long as the method is right.
Method 1: Using iTunes to undisable your iPhone
In this bad situation, you can solve this problem through iTunes. If you have recently backed up data in iTunes. At the same time, you remember the iPhone password. Then follow the steps below:
1. Launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer.
2. Click "Sync" in iTunes to back up the data and enter the correct password.
3. Find the "Restore" option to restore the latest backup to the iPhone.
If you don't remember the iPhone's password, it's hard to fix it with iTunes. Because you need to use recovery mode to erase all data and reset the iPhone's password. In this case, data will be lost. If you have previously backed up via iTunes or iCloud, you can also recover data from these backup files.
Method 2: Using iCloud to undisable your iPhone
1. Visit icloud.com/find on your PC or Mac.
2. Enter your Apple ID and password to log in.
3. Find the disabled device in "All Devices".
4. Tap erase and confirm the deletion.
5. After confirming the deletion, your iPhone will be reopened as a new device.
In this way, the data on the phone will be deleted. You need to recover your iPhone data from the previous backup file.
It is frustrating that most of the repair methods will lead to the loss of data. And the data is often more important than the phone itself. So is there any other simple way to solve this problem? In this case, you can try RecoveryTool Fix Recovery. This tool can effectively solve this problem in some cases.
The specific process is as follows:
1. Now install this software on your PC or Mac. Connect the iPhone to your PC or Mac after installation.
2. Click on the "iOS System Recovery" option.
3. After the program detects your device, click "Start" to operate.
4. Check that the device information on the software interface is correct, then click "Download" to download the firmware.
5. When this repair process is completed, the iPhone disabled issue will be resolved.
I hope that all of the above methods can solve your problem. At the same time, for the security of mobile phone data. Please pay attention to backup data in case of data loss.