Posted by Aimee , Jul 28, 2020
"A few days ago I visited a website about iOS tricks. I have a question about one of the user guides. When typing in the reply, I found that the iPhone keyboard letter Y and number 8 are not working properly. Any clues?"
iPhone is a mobile phone that many people like. In order to better cater to the needs of consumers, Apple continues to introduce new iPhone models and upgrade iOS. But some iOS bugs are still hard to avoid. Recently, some users have reported to us that their iPhone keyboard is not working properly and iOS is in an abnormal state. If you happen to encounter this problem and don't know what causes it, then you will be able to get help from this user guide. For problems such as the keyboard cannot be used to type messages or comments, you will get a complete fix in this article.
We summarized many user cases, and then summarized the reasons why the iPhone Keypad could not work.
1. The lag phenomenon caused by the continuous increase of dictionary words on the keyboard.
2. The application being used crashes or malfunctions.
3. Reachability Feature, Zoom Feature or Reduce Motion is enabled, which can trigger the iPhone keyboard crash under certain circumstances.
4. iOS system files are damaged or lost.
5. The keypad is unavailable due to hardware failure.
1. Routine disposal plan.
- Close all applications that are in use.
- Wipe the dirt on the phone screen.
- Restart or force restart iPhone.
- If the keyboard of a specific application does not work, then you can uninstall and reinstall the application.
2. Reset iPhone keyboard dictionary
- Tap the "Settings" app on the iPhone. Then go to "General" and "Reset" in turn.
- Find the "Reset Keyboard Dictionary" in the Reset menu. Then follow the prompts to reset it.
3. Try to turn off the Reachability feature.
If you enable the Reachability feature, you can try to disable it.
- Click "Settings" and go to "General".
- Tap the "Accessibility" item, and then turn off "Reachability" in "Accessibility".
4. Disable Zoom feature.
Turning off the Zoom feature may solve the problem of keyboard unavailability.
Tap in the following order on the iPhone:
Settings > General > Accessibility > Turn off Zoom
5. Restore iPhone.
Restore iPhone via iTunes
- Launch iTunes and connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Click "Summary" on iTunes and go to "Restore iPhone".
- Tap the "Restore" item to complete the restore operation.
Restore iPhone via iCloud
- Click "Setting" and go to "General".
- Scroll down to find the "Reset" item, and then click "Erase All Content and Settings".
- Type in the password to confirm the wipe operation. Follow the prompts on the screen, and finally select one of the backup files to restore the device.
6. Repair iOS system files without losing data.
If the keyboard does not work due to missing or damaged iOS system files, then you need to use the iOS system recovery tool. We recommend that you try RecoveryTool Fix Recovery, which can fix many iOS abnormal issues without losing data, such as iTunes error code 3600, iOS video error, and iPhone cannot be turned off.
- Please download the system recovery program on your computer. Then connect the iPhone to the computer. Launch the program and select the "iOS System Recovery" mode on the interface.
- Click "Start". The repair program will detect your iPhone and then search for a suitable firmware for you. After confirmation, you can download the corresponding firmware for repair.
- After downloading and installing the IPSW file, the problem of the keyboard not working due to damaged or missing iOS files can be fixed.
7. If the iPhone Keypad cannot be used because of a hardware failure, it is recommended to contact Genius to better solve the problem.
Tip: Before trying these repair solutions, it is recommended to use the backup function in iTunes, iCloud or RecoveryTool Fix Recovery to back up files to avoid data loss.