Posted by Aimee , Nov 05, 2018
"Help, what's wrong with my iPad? I planned to update it to iOS 12 only to get the iPad error 14 on iTunes. What's this? And how can I fix my device?"
Well, you are not the only iPad user who has faced iPad error 14 while restoring or updating your device. Error 14 will eventually stop the whole process of updating or restoring, so finding proper methods to solve such error becomes the first task. Here in this post, we’ve listed two ways to help you.
- Use original Apple USB cable.
- Set correct iPad date and time. Because sometimes incorrect data and time can result in iPad error 14.
- Restart your PC and iOS device.
- Disable security software and retry the iOS 12 update. If error 14 still exists, uninstall the security software and redo the process.
- Update to the latest version of Xcode 8 on Mac.
- Update iTunes before iOS update.
- iOS 11 backup and clean restore. Firstly, create a backup, once the iOS 11 beta is installed. You can restore your personal data back.
If the above basic troubleshooting ways don't work for your iPad, then you must try RecoveryTool Fix Recovery, a trustworthy and reliable program, which can scan and fix your iPad error 14 without any data loss. Follow the guidance below, please.
Step 1: Launch and run the software on your PC. Choose "iOS System Recovery" from the main menu.
Step 2: Now connect your iPad to your PC via USB cable, and then the software will recognize your device automatically.
Step 3: Once it detects your device, click on "Start". It will detect your iPhone model, and offer the latest firmware for you to download. So what you need to do is tap on "Repair".
Step 4: Now sit back and wait till the download is finished. The software will immediately begin scanning and repairing your device.
Mighty and handy, the software is worth to have a try, move your mouse and click download to get rid of errors occur in your iOS system. We are looking forward to your feedback.