Posted by Aimee , Nov 18, 2019
"My iTunes backup file is corrupted. And iTunes can't extract my backup data. A member of the MacRumors community recommended the iPhone backup browser. She suggested that I use this tool to recover data. I want to ask if anyone has used this iOS backup explorer? Does this method work? I don't want to make the data corrupt again."
If you use iTunes or iCloud to back up your iOS device data, you can extract files via iTunes or iCloud. However, extracting data using iTunes or iCloud does not selectively export the specified document. Then you can use the iPhone backup extractor to selectively browse and export files. At the same time, some netizens also call it iOS backup explorer. In short, the tool has many other names. However, its role is to help users browse and export backup data.
The iPhone Data Recovery feature in RecoveryTool iPhone Data Recovery can be used as an iPhone backup browser. It can help you selectively extract data from iTunes and iCloud backup files.
1. Download the iOS backup explorer. Install it on Windows or Mac. Then click on "iPhone Data Recovery".
2. Choose "Recover from iCloud Backup File" in the selection bar on the left. Enter your Apple ID and password to log in to your iCloud account.
3. Select the type of file you want to extract and click "Next" to scan your backup data.
4. Once the scan is complete, you can browse the documents in your backup file and export the files selectively.
Using this solution requires a stable Internet connection to export data from iCloud.
1. Find "Settings" on iDevice and click on "iCloud".
2. Turn off the "Contacts" item. Then find "Keep on My iPhone/iPad/iPod".
3. Re-open the "Contacts" item and go to "Merge".
This method of extracting backup files may result in duplicate data in the iOS device. Therefore, please use it with caution.