Posted by Aimee , Dec 09, 2019
"I don't know what happened to my phone. iPhone contacts say 'Maybe'. I only did one thing recently. I logged out of iCloud and re-logged in. All known contacts on the iPhone message are shown as maybe. If I click this text messages to view the contact information, the contact information is blank. If I click 'Contact' from 'Phone', I can see the detailed contact information. What is going on? "
There are a lot of functions in the iPhone, but we only use some of them daily. iPhone contact shows maybe is one of them. If we don't know this feature, we will wonder why the message received by iPhone shows maybe. When this happens, I believe many users will be confused about this. On this issue, you will find professional solutions from this article.
In fact, the iPhone is smarter than expected. When receiving an SMS from someone else, the iPhone will try to find out who sent the message based on the phone's data. After receiving multiple text messages from the same mobile phone number, iPhone will tell you that this is the person who sent us the message before. At this point, the iPhone will display "Maybe". If this feature is not what you need, then there are ways to get rid of it.
1. If you see the contact display "Maybe" on the iPhone lock screen, you can turn off the "Siri Suggestion on Lock Screen" feature. Find "Siri" in "Settings" and slide "Suggestions on Lock Screen" off.
2. If your device is already logged in to iCloud, you can log out and log in to iCloud again. This helps resolve issues with iPhone contacts saying maybe.
Go to Settings> Click the device name> Tap Sign Out
Note: In order to complete the logout operation, you need to enter your Apple ID password and turn off the "Find My iPhone" function.
3. The phone number in the message is labeled Maybe. You can add this phone number to your contacts.
Click the mobile number at the top of the message, then click the "i" icon > Tap the mobile number again > After clicking "Create New Contact", enter the contact information > Tap the Done button
4. Phone sync issues can also cause contacts that have been added to say "Maybe". In this case, deleting and re-adding the contact can solve the problem.
5. Deleting access to some apps will also cause contacts to show up as Maybe. In this case, you can reinstall the application. Or you can update your contacts manually.
If the above method does not solve your problem or you need a better solution, then RecoveryTool Fix Recovery is the best choice. The recovery tool has helped many users solve various iOS system problems. To solve the maybe contacts problem, just follow the steps below.
1. Download and install this fix recovery tool. After connecting iPhone to PC or Mac, then turn on "iOS System Recovery" function.
2. After clicking the "Start" button, the program will detect the device information. If the information is correct, click "Repair".
3. Once the software fixes the iPhone, your device can be used normally.
Usually, the above steps can solve the problem of iPhone contacts saying Maybe. If all these methods fail to solve your problem, you can contact the Genius Bar for more help.