Posted by Aimee , Apr 24, 2017
For most of iPhone users, we always need to fix all kinds of errors from time to time. And if you ask me which error I fear most, my answer is the error 3194, the most disgusting and notorious one which reoccurs many times. Every time when the pop-up shows "Your iPhone could not be restored, an unknown error 3194 occurs", I feel rather scared because I have no idea about how to resolve iPhone error 3194. Personally, I hope you are lucky to escape from such error, but if you have been experiencing iPhone error 3194, you had better learn some tips and tricks. The good news is that it can be resolved in different ways. The following post will introduce two efficient solutions to help you fix iTunes error 3194/ iPhone error 3194.
We all feel annoyed when we're trying to update or upgrade the firmware but iTunes keeps throwing up this error. In most cases, it means there are something wrong with the hosts file. The following is how to resolve it.
- For Windows, navigate to C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/ and find the file that's named "hosts".
- For Mac, the file is in /etc/.
- Open the file in Notepad (or any other text editing software) (for Windows users, open this with Administrator Privileges).
- You'll mostly have this line at the bottom of the file: 126.96.36.199 gs.apple.com
- Either comment this line out by typing a single "#" (without the quotes) in front of the line (before 74) or remove the line entirely.
- Now, just save the hosts file and then try updating your iPhone through iTunes. In most cases, the error 3194 shouldn't come up now.
This is the second solution we offer to resolve iPhone error 3194 using Fix Recovery. A professional recovery tool to fix all kind of errors that occur on your idevice without any data loss. No complex operations at all!
Step 1: Download and Install Fix Recovery
After installation, run it. And you'll see the primary window shows below.
Step 2: Connect iPhone to your PC
Now connect your iPhone to your PC via USB cable. Then click "iOS System Recovery".
Step 3: Once your device connected to your PC successfully, tap on "Start" to go on.
Step 4: In the next screen, you'll be asked to choose which model you have. If you're unsure, you can look on the back, check on Apple's website, look at your manual, or look at the original box even. After that, please press "Repair" to install the firmware for your iPhone. And normally the whole process would take less than 10 minutes to be completed. As you know, it always depends on your internet connection.
Step 5: Once the download completes, Fix Recovery will repair your iPhone automatically.
The job is done! Both these two solutions are workable. You can choose either of them to fix your iPhone error according to your need. Please download and have a free try, it won't let you down.