Posted by Aimee , Jan 29, 2020
"I backed up the data on an iPhone running iOS 12.1.3. After completing the backup, I erased all the data and restored the factory settings. I thought I would get more battery life. However, it is very unlucky I cannot restore data from iTunes backup files. iTunes indicates that the backup is corrupted. I read different threads on the Apple forum. However, it does not solve the problem. I want to know if there is a way to repair the corrupted backup. I only have one backup File and haven't backed them up for a long time. I'm worried that I will lose a lot of photos, contacts, work records, etc. I am very annoyed about this. Can anyone help me? "
When data is lost, we immediately think of iTunes. Just log in to iTunes and download the backup file. We can easily recover this data. However, when we face a corrupted iTunes backup, we cannot do this as easily as before. So that's why you should read this article and we will show you how to deal with corrupt or incompatible iTunes backup files. In order to get the data back, some users even use the iPhone Backup Extractor cracked version. Here, we recommend that users browse this article in order to better resolve the issue of iTunes backup file corruption.
When you can't restore the backup from iTunes, and receive a "corrupt or not compatible" message. Then you can try to upgrade or downgrade the iOS system. Restoring the iOS system to the version when the file was backed up may solve the problem.
1. Download and install RecoveryTool Fix Recovery. Then connect your iOS device to your computer.
2. Select "iOS System Recovery" in the program interface. Then click the "Start" button.
3. After the software detects your device information, click the "Repair" button to downgrade or upgrade the iOS system to the appropriate version.
4. When the repair is completed, you can try to recover the data from the iTunes backup file again.
Note: This method only works for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
When iTunes backup is damaged and unusable, then you can choose an alternative solution to solve the problem. It is necessary to use RecoveryTool Fix Recovery at this time. It can better help you extract files from your device, iTunes or iCloud.
1. Download this data extraction tool on your computer. After installation and startup, you need to connect the device to the computer.
2. Select the "iPhone Data Recovery" feature, the iOS recovery tool will automatically recognize your device. Select "Recover from iOS Device" among the three items displayed, and then click "Start Scan".
3. After entering scan mode, all data on the iOS device will be listed. You can select files as needed and click the "Recover" button to retrieve data.
If you have iCloud backup files, then you can get back data directly from iCloud. However, using this iOS tool can help you to selectively extract files from iCloud.
The above methods can effectively deal with iTunes backup corruption or incompatibility. You can choose according to your needs.