Posted by Aimee , Dec 07, 2020
"The newly bought iPhone 12 was stolen. I am not confident about whether I can find the phone. Therefore, I used 'Find My iPhone' to remotely erase all the data on the iPhone. Is there a way to recover the lost data? "
Once the iPhone is lost or stolen. Most people will worry about both the loss of data and the leakage of personal privacy. Fortunately, there are always more solutions than difficulties. This article will provide a series of solutions around the scenario where the phone is lost or stolen so that you don't have to worry too much about it.
1. Backing up iDevice is a very important thing. When the iPhone is lost or stolen, you will be able to extract data from the backup file without relying on the device.
Backup iPhone data to the computer
- Update iTunes to the latest version on the computer, and then connect the iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
- If you are using iTunes for the first time, you need to enter the device password as prompted or check "Trust This Computer".
- When iTunes detects your iOS device, you will be able to locate it on the iTunes interface.
- Select one of the items in "Backup", and then click "Back Up Now" to start the backup immediately.
Use iCloud to backup iPhone data
- When connected to a Wi-Fi network, iCloud data backup can also be used.
- After clicking "Settings", tap the device name to find "iCloud".
- Click "iCloud Backup" in the "iCloud" item. Then click "Back Up Now".
Quickly back up iOS device data with a backup tool
Use "iOS Data Backup & Restore" on RecoveryTool iPhone Data Recovery to selectively backup or restore data, which is more convenient. It is completely different from iTunes or iCloud backup. All files can be previewed before recovery.
- Download the iOS backup software to the computer. Run it after installation.
- Select the "iOS Data Backup & Restore" item, and then connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Select "iOS Data Backup" in the next software interface. Then you can select the file type to be backed up.
- Click "Next" to start the backup operation.
Track your iOS device as soon as possible
When you locate a lost or stolen iPhone, you have a chance to find it.
- You can use this location function only if you have set the Find My iPhone function.
- Use other devices to access "icloud.com". After logging in to your account, click "All Devices".
- Tap the device you want to locate.
- The name of the device will be displayed in the toolbar.
- If the iPhone can be located, it will appear on the map. If the iPhone cannot be located, the latest location will be displayed. At the same time, your iDevice will be marked as "Offline".
Erase all data on the phone
If you can't find a lost or stolen iOS device, then remotely erasing the data on the iPhone is a wise choice. You will no longer have to worry about leaking important personal information.
- Visit "icloud.com" on other mobile devices or computers. After entering the account and password, click "All Devices".
- Select the device whose data you want to erase, and then click "Erase iPhone".
- Follow the prompts.
- You may be asked to fill in the phone number.
If the iPhone is online, it will be immediately executed the remote data erasing operation. If the iPhone is offline, it will be remotely erased only when it is online.
This is possible. If you have used iTunes or iCloud to back up iPhone data, you can restore your lost data through iTunes or iCloud. However, you can have better options. RecoveryTool iPhone Data Recovery is a reliable and convenient iPhone recovery tool that allows Apple users to preview and selectively recover data. This can avoid retrieving some useless data or accidentally overwriting some important data.
1. Download this iOS data recovery software and install it on your computer.
2. Launch this data backup extraction program, and then click "Recover from iTunes Backup File".
3. Select one of the iTunes backup files, and then click the "Start Scan" button.
4. When the scan is over, you will be able to preview the extracted files on the software interface, such as pictures, contacts, SMS, calendars, etc. Tick the target files and click "Recover" to restore them.
If you lose your phone without making any backups, it is impossible to retrieve any data.