Posted by Aimee , Oct 01, 2020
"I use the iPhone SE. Three hours ago, I accidentally clicked on a link posted by an unfamiliar Twitter user. It jumped to a page with inappropriate content. I am worried about this. The fake link is very dangerous. It will cause the iPhone to be infected with a virus. So I reset the iPhone. Then I changed the passwords of the screen lock, Apple ID, Instagram, Facebook, WeChat, etc.
I have read some articles about iOS devices being hacked. Most people say that iOS is very safe. I also did not find any abnormal applications on the task manager. However, I am wondering if this link will install malware or spyware on my iPhone? Thanks in advance for your help. "
Smart devices store personal and sensitive data, so they are the main targets of hackers and thieves. Thanks to the high security of the iOS system, Apple users don't need to worry too much. However, this is not foolproof. If you need more ways to protect your credit card, bank account, e-mail, SMS, and other private data, then you can get help in this article. These solutions are not only applicable to the iPhone but also to other iOS devices.
Activating the function of Find My iPhone is an important way to deal with hackers. When your phone is lost, you can use this function to locate your device or remotely wipe data. This way you will prevent others from stealing your private data.
- Tap the "Settings" app on the Home page. Then, tap your name at the top of the screen.
- After clicking "iCloud", pull down and click "Find My iPhone". Then click "That".
- Switch "Find My iPhone" to the enabled state.
In order to better discover stolen or lost devices, it is recommended to enable the "Offline Finding" function. This allows you to clear the data on the iPhone in time.
To improve the security of the iPhone, it is necessary to turn on "Erase Data", which can automatically wipe all files on the phone when the wrong password is entered ten times.
- Find and tap the "Touch ID & Passcode" item in "Settings".
- After entering the password, scroll down to the bottom to activate the "Erase Data" feature.
Touch ID and Face ID use unique biometrics as the passcode, which helps increase the security of the iPhone.
Set up Face ID
- Go to "Settings" on the Home page and find "Face ID & Passcode".
- After clicking "Set Up Face ID", hold the iPhone vertically.
- Click "Get Started". Then perform a face ID scan. After repeating it once, click the "Done" button.
Set up Touch ID
- Go to "Touch ID & Passcode" from "Settings".
- Enter the password and click "Add a Fingerprint".
- Place your finger on the "Home" button until the phone vibrates.
- Adjust the grip.
If you don't like them or are inconvenient to use them, you can enable other types of password locks.
Avoid opening unknown or unrecognized URLs. Although hackers cannot directly invade your phone through these links, they will create some unknown risks. It is good to maintain a cautious attitude.
There are potential security issues with enabling glanceable notifications and access permissions on the iPhone screen. To disable lock screen access, you can do the following:
- Click "Settings". After going to the "Touch ID & Passcode" item, you will be asked to enter the password.
- Enter the correct password, then scroll down to the bottom of the page to find and click "Allow Access When Locked".
- Turn it off to disable this feature.
When installing an app on the iPhone, the app will request permissions as needed. In addition, iOS makes it difficult for applications to obtain user information without the user's knowledge. To view the permissions of all applications, perform these steps:
- Tap the "Settings" icon on the Home screen.
- Click "Privacy", then tap any app to view the granted permissions.
If necessary, you can revoke some app permissions for an app.
When sharing images, sharing the location data of the pictures will cause data leakage. This operation can avoid unnecessary trouble.
- Select the photo you want to share and click "Options".
- Close the location data item.
Siri provides convenience for people's lives, but it also provides the possibility for hackers to steal user data. There are some ways to use Siri to bypass the device passcode to easily access the iPhone. Therefore, Siri should not be allowed on the lock screen.
- Go to "Touch ID & Passcode"/"Face ID & Passcode" from "Settings".
- Disable the "Allow access when locked" item.
Changing the passcode regularly and setting a complex password can better protect the iPhone.
The newer iOS version means that some known bugs have been fixed. This prevents hackers from exploiting these vulnerabilities to invade the iPhone. There are several ways to update iOS, please choose one of them yourself.
The tips in this article will help protect your iPhone. For some unknown iOS errors, you can use professional tools to repair them.
Increase iPhone Security