Posted by Aimee , Feb 18, 2020
"Please help me! I have tried it again and again. How can I quickly reset my forgotten iCloud password? In addition, I can also accept the solution to restore or unlock the Apple ID password. I need to regain access to the iCloud account as soon as possible. "
When we use iTunes, iCloud, or Apple ID for the first time on other devices, we need to enter the corresponding password to operate. If you forget your password, you need to reset it. Maybe many people wonder that Apple devices need to set passwords for so many accounts? What is the difference between them? In fact, when using iTunes or iCloud, you can log in to iTunes or iCloud using your Apple ID and password. Therefore, they can be considered as one account. With that confusion resolved, let's get started on how to reset your Apple ID password.
If your account does not have two-factor authentication enabled, you can quickly reset your password by following these steps.
1. Open a browser on your computer and navigate to iforgot.apple.com.
2. Enter your Apple ID email address and click "Continue".
3. Select "I need to reset my password" and click the "Continue" button.
4. In this step, check "Get an email" in the two options of the interface and click "Continue".
5. After clicking the "Done" button, you will receive an email from Apple.
6. After opening this email, click "Reset now". Enter and confirm the new password.
7. Finally, tap "Reset Password" to reset the password.
Note: If using the Apple ID email to change the password is not the solution you want, you can select "Answer security questions" in step 4. Then follow the prompts on the page.
1. On the trusted iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, find the "Settings" app.
2. Scroll down to find your device name.
3. Go to "Password & Security" and change your password
4. Follow the on-screen prompts to reset the password.
After changing the password, you can log in to your account normally. And use iCloud or iTunes to upload the backup data to iDevice. If you need to selectively recover files from backup files, then you can try RecoveryTool iPhone Data Recovery.
You can use the same Apple ID account on all Apple devices. If you are using a Mac, you can use your Mac to recover your Apple ID password.
For macOS Catalina:
1. In the Apple menu, find "System Preferences" and click "Apple ID".
2. After clicking "Password & Security", you will be asked to enter your password. At this point, you can select "Forgot Apple ID or password" and follow the prompts until the "Change Password" item appears.
For macOS Mojave, High Sierra, or Sierra:
1. In the Apple menu, find "System Preferences" and click "iCloud".
2. Check "Account Details" and then go to "Forgot Apple ID or password".
3. Follow the on-screen instructions. Then find "Reset Password or Change Password" in the "Security" interface to change the password.
Note: You need to enter the password to unlock your Mac in order to reset the password.
If you have recovered your Apple ID password according to the above steps, you can transfer data using iCloud or iTunes. If you want to transfer data between multiple devices more quickly, you can use MobiTrans Transfer. It can comprehensively manage the transfer of files between multiple devices.
Reset Apple ID Password