Posted by Aimee , Jul 21, 2020
"Forgot the time screen passcode and entered the wrong passcode several times. I need to erase the iPhone. However, I cannot reset the iPhone without the screen time passcode. How do I restore it?"
The Screen Time passcode has only 4 digits. But it can protect the device settings and restrict the modification of the Apple ID account. Therefore, many Apple users have added a Screen Time passcode while using the screen password. After configuring it according to usage, you can greatly reduce the frequency of using the Screen Time passcode. If you reduce the frequency of use, you may forget the password. Once the Screen Time passcode is forgotten, it is almost impossible to recover the Screen Time passcode with the official method. In response to this situation, this article introduces some methods to remove or restore the Screen Time passcode.
Compared with some traditional methods, people need a solution to delete Screen Time passcode without losing data. RecoveryTool iPhone Unlocker is such a high-quality unlocking tool to help quickly delete and reset Screen Time Passcode. To erase the iPhone Screen Time passcode without losing data, you can follow the steps below.
1. After disabling Find My iPhone, you also need to update iTunes to the latest version.
2. Download the tool in RecoveryTool for free. Install it on your computer and you can connect your iPhone to the computer.
3. Enable the unlock software, and then select "Screen Time". Click "Start" to go to the next interface.
4. If you are using iOS 12 or iOS 13, you can directly clear the Screen Time Passcode. For other iOS versions of the iPhone, you need to operate and wait patiently according to the interface prompts.
For this program, recovering Screen Time passcode is not difficult. It is a bit more cumbersome to unlock a disabled iPhone.
If you forget the iPhone Screen Time passcode, you can also try to reset it on the iPhone.
Tips: If you have forgotten your Apple ID account or password, you cannot use these methods in part 2 to change it.
1. Update iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
2. Find and open "Settings", then go to "Screen Time".
3. Click "Change Screen Time Passcode" twice in succession. Since you forgot the Screen Time passcode, you need to click "Forgot Passcode".
4. You will then be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. After entering the correct account and password, you can enter a new Screen Time passcode to replace the old one.
If you have a Mac, there is another way to change the Screen Time passcode.
1. Upgrade macOS to the latest version.
2. Click the Apple menu, then go to "System Preferences" and find the "Screen Time" item.
3. Find the round icon with three white dots in the lower-left corner.
4. First click "Change Passcode", then click "Forgot Passcode". At this point, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID account and password.
5. Enter the new Screen Time passcode and confirm it to reset.
If you have made a backup before adding the Screen Time passcode to your iPhone, then you can restore your iPhone to this state through this backup file.
1. Turn off Find my iPhone.
2. Connect iPhone to the computer, and then enable iTunes. Click "Restore iPhone...".
3. iTunes will then download the latest firmware for your iPhone. Before performing the erase and update operations, iTunes will ask you again to confirm whether there is a backup file.
4. After completing the firmware upgrade, you can select one of the backup files to restore.
5. Your phone can be restored to its earlier state.
Because of the restore operation, your iPhone will lose some data. To solve this problem, you can restore specific files from other backup files through iOS data recovery software.
In older iOS versions, Screen Time passcode is called restrictions passcode. Therefore, the above three methods are also suitable for restoring or removing the restrictions passcode of iOS devices.