Posted by Aimee , Jul 01, 2020
"I bought a used iPod Touch for $30, which is an inaccessible device. But I think this is a good deal. The seller said he forgot the passcode. I plan to reset the iPod. During the reset operation, a message prompting me to enter the correct password to use it. Obviously I did not have a passcode to unlock the lock screen. Then I contacted the seller, but he did not give any reasonable solution. This is really a bad decision. I searched the Internet for all methods of resetting the device, but nothing helped. If you can, please help me."
Many Apple users will enable the screen lock function to protect privacy. If you can't remember the passcode of your iOS device, you can't unlock the screen. What's worse is that entering the wrong password multiple times will cause the iPod to be locked for more than four years. If important data is stored on the iPod Touch, it is urgent to extract data from the locked device. Reading this article can help you get out of the predicament. This article aims to introduce unlocking the iPod Touch without a password.
The simple and quick solution can save users a lot of time, so we will recommend the use of unlocking tools. RecoveryTool iPhone Unlocker is an efficient unlocking software. Try this tool now to clear the password on the iPod Touch.
1. Install the unlocking software on the computer and enable it.
2. Select "Wipe Passcode" mode on the program interface.
3. Connect the iPod Touch to the PC with a USB cable, and then tap the "Start" button.
4. Before downloading the firmware, you need to confirm the device information. Then click the "Start" button.
5. The software interface will display the firmware download status. After the download is completed, click "Unlock". Then you need to enter "0000" to confirm the unlock operation. After a while, you can erase the screen password.
By following the above steps, you can unlock the iPod Touch without the passcode.
1. Unlock the iOS device via iTunes.
If you used iTunes to back up data for the iPod Touch and mark it as trusted on your computer, then iTunes backup can be used to unlock the device.
- Enable iTunes on the computer you use frequently. And go to the summary of the iPod Touch.
- Find and click the "Restore Backup" option on the iTunes interface.
- Select the backup file to be restored and click "Restore".
- Backup data will be synced back to iPod Touch. After the synchronization is complete, you will see a prompt to complete.
2. Use iCloud to clear the iPod Touch password.
If you have activated the "Find My iPod" function, you can use iCloud to unlock the iPod Touch.
-Visit the iCloud website on your computer.
-Enter your password to log in to your Apple ID.
-Select the iPod and click "Erase" to clear the data on the device.
-After erasing the data on the device, you can restore the data from the previous backup file.
The above two methods achieve the purpose of removing the screen lock passcode by erasing the original data of the iPod Touch.